Any time you find yourself in the middle of a divorce and custody dispute, it can get ugly. Accusations are thrown out and fights can ensue. Any accusations that are made will have to be proven. Finding the proof you need to win a custody battle can be difficult if you don’t have the resources you need. Kolbach & Associates Investigations, Inc is here to share some reasons you may want to consider hiring a private investigator to assist you in your custody battle.
Types of Child Custody Cases
When dealing with custody cases, there are several different categories they may fall under. Following are some of the different types of cases that we normally see.
– Cohabitation: If your child’s other parent is living with someone else, this could be one reasons that changes to the custody agreement may be made.
– Neglect / Abuse: If there is neglect or abuse taking place, there needs to be proof right away to get your child out of the dangerous situation.
– Custody Violation: When a custody plan is put in place and the other parent isn’t following it, this may be a reason to have the custody changed in your favor.
How a Private Investigator can Help With Child Custody Cases
There are many ways that a private investigator may be able to help you win your custody dispute. When you are making accusations about the other parent in your child’s life, you will need ways to prove and disprove these claims. It can often be difficult to do this without the help of a professional. Following are some of the tools and tactics that a private investigator has at his/her disposal to help you find the proof that you need.
– Surveillance: A private investigator will be able to watch your child and the other parent as they search for the proof that you need to win your custody battle. Whether the other parent is abusing drugs, showing signs of abuse, or not creating a safe environment for the child in any way, your PI will be able to see it.
– Witness Statements: Anytime a witness can be found, it is very valuable. Finding a witness that can give statements to verify the character, actions and other evidence against the other parent.
– Background Investigations: If there is any history of criminal activity or other troubling information in the other parent’s background, you can count on your PI to get to the bottom of it. In a background investigation your PI can also find information that will tell the court whether or not the other parent can truly care for your child or not.
Private Investigations in Sioux Falls, Aberdeen, Brookings, Watertown, Mitchell, Yankton, Pierre, Huron, Spearfish, Vermillion, Brandon & Greater Rapid City, SD
If you are in the middle of a custody battle and are at your wit’s end, call on the professionals at Kolbach & Associates Investigations, Inc for help. We will gather that information you need to come out on top of your custody dispute. Call us today!